Tuesday, June 9, 2020

I Wonder if You Know - a poem

I wonder if you know the things your daughters have to deal with,
toeing a line, where they are seen beneath everyone, and growing around
a plethora of men foaming at the mouth. Unfortunately, many times,
this is not the information you will hear from them, but that their partners,
lovers, others, will have heard about, have been entrusted with. While I am
judged I wonder if you know the types who clawed their way at her ankles,
scratching, and using her. I wonder if you know that or if you choose
not to see it, or if you only see that I don't sing national anthems, or where
a crucifix around my neck. For snakes are abound, and my soul is good,
it's had some bumps and learning curves, but my admiration and respect
is infinite, and my love deep. If you want to cast me as a villain, you have
my permission to do so. But you're ignoring so much that I have brought,
that she needs, and I'm sorry you seem to only mind she tow the line.


No comments:

Post a Comment