Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Inktober #23: Muddy (October 23rd, 2018)

Muddy

Reality check you've been duped again
as you cozy up to a snake in grass
and let airs of encouragement permeate
swiftly down upon the rigid fractures of friendship.

It's a costly endeavor to betray trusts
of lifelong acquaintances but then again
even family has spouted falsehoods in the names
of getting their ways, but you thought you knew better.

There's a reason that time is the enemy
and that is due to the muddied waters
that awash me in various phases when
rains come pouring down and whisk away the drudge.

But, it isn't enough to be cleaned once or twice
whenever the storm comes to call, eventually
there's a day when the signature on contracts isn't enough
and its time to end this love affair whatever it is because its just more of the same.

Overreaction may be the meal of the day but I will not swallow
this poison anymore, as for shits and giggles you've pushed my buttons
and I've slowly but surely made my own way,
so fuck off where you came from and slink back into your hole

I don't need you any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment