Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Inktober #24: Chop (October 24th, 2018)

Chop

How I begin,
edit...
How I began this story was to tell a whole truth
edit....
....tell a false truth
edit.....
a false half truth, but the whole truth in a sense
edit....
.....truth in a sense is what you made of it, but I'm certain of my stance
edit....
I have no idea what my stance is
edit....
I naively bask in the consequences of my action though they do not fully have evidenced outcomes
edit....
My existence is futile...
edit....
My life is forfeit....
edit....
My life is my own and exists for as long as chance and happenstance let it be
edit....
......as long as I'm secure in hiding out like hermit in my house
edit.....
....as long as I'm secure in slinking back when fights become imminent
edit....
fighting is a false flag operation...
edit....
fighting is politics of personal finance....
edit.....
fighting is the politics of personal compassion fatigue because another mass shooting strengthens a fist around a gun
edit.....
....compassion fatigue is my krytponite
edit....
.....compassion fatigue the ricochet of sound waves that peal back my coat of venom
edit....
my coat of furs that's splashed with blood....
edit....
that's splashed with the sweat of little boys and girls in faraway lands
edit....
....in houses next door to mine, in a country just next door to mine
edit...
just next door to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment