Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Follow Through - a love poem

How do I write about something else,
when all that enthralls my mind are thoughts of you.
As you are away visiting family for holidays
I am constantly thinking on what that first moment
will be like when I get to see you again. How wonderful
it will be to get to collect you up in my arms,
twirling you around like we are in the middle of a rom-com
but with a more satisfying ending, and one that stretches
into infinity. How is it you could touch my life
so completely, me, who had guarded myself, and shut off
all possibilities of finding love, but immediately
realizing that you were too perfect to let slide by. I have
never been more happy for being weak in my resolve
I could have easily said nope, the odds are against me,
but every word you typed, and said, every smile spread,
scrunched nose smile created I was mesmerized,
my soul pierced with your beauty, and your intelligence,
I fell into your adoration, and gave you all of mine,
and it has never, never ceased to amaze me, how doubt
is never a word considered when it comes to fantasizing
about our future. I know me, I know my devotion, my loyalty,
my joy, and my stubbornness, and I know I can follow through
to the futures that I dream up, futures
that I dream up,
with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment