Wednesday, October 3, 2018

InkTober #1: Poisonous (October 1st)

My capacity for drawing, or painting is limited, my art form is written word, so I figured why let that stop me in participating in this creative endeavor.  The follow series is following the prompts for each day of October that other artists are doing.

Poisonous

venom,
constricting a piece of my dream scape
as an epiphany of damage
metaphorically draining
life out of memory.

venom,
cruises through rivers in my arms
extending out of fingertips
raging on keys
creating a clickity clack of spite
in written word.

venom,
a due diligence stifled for need
of revenge,
but failing to smother everything
because corroded blood
is still blood
pure residuals exist.

venom,
leaking out of pours as
sun pummels it out
leaking on earth, which absorbs
it then through photosynthesis
giving air to breathe.

venom,
another name for regret
in manifestations of monsters
but not truly, not really, not absolutely
for venom is a natural
reaction to

heartbreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment