Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Inktober#22: Expensive (October 22nd, 2018)

Expensive

See this shirt?
it cost a penny to make
but I sell it for a dollar
made a dozen
reaping a buttload
of cash profit
credit checked
cashed my check
profiting for capitalism
contributing to education
of the public discourse
seeking refuge in my refusal
to bargain
up the ante, production cost
the same.  little boys in sweat
shops constructing
each seem, half a penny for every
hour, by end of a day
not enough to buy canned
soda from vending machine
each shirt thirty dollars
profit margin extended
fat cat in a tight coat
big bellied prancing
along on pogo stick on
assembly line floor
flattening puppies
skin tight to bones
starving, investing in iPhone
relishing my cash flow
spread it on my oatmeal
gratifying to dump it
down drains in front of friends
peripheral vision of hungry
baby unable to suckle
because mommas run dry
have mansion on a hill
a brothel in my office
swimming in dimes and nickels
showering with Benjamin bills
fireplace stoked with George Washington's face
to keep me warm
my yacht beached on my Arizona lawn
sit in captains quarters sucking on
quarters, snorting up coke
off a strippers ass crack
while little girls get
arthritic pains in overworked hands
donate a grand to a  charity cause
get a million dollar tax break
to buy another home
smelling of pine sol and window cleaner
little child deposits penny in piggy bank
almost able to by soda pop
but spends it on slop
to take care of sister and pops
out of sight out of mind
dollar shirt is a designers dream
wear it on red carpets
I'm living American dream

No comments:

Post a Comment