Wednesday, January 29, 2020

For Madeline - a poem

Hey you,
I heard you like unicorns,
and princesses too. Like Elsa,
from Frozen, singing songs, a girl too,
strong, like you. Katie-bug says you have a lot
of energy, heard she cooked breakfast
for you. She was happy too. Katie-bug
cooked breakfast for me before too,
cooked me crepes, which is a funny word,
looks like creeps, but our-bug doesn't creep,,
and the crepes were great. What'd she make
for you? Probably whatever you wanted?
She might have made you ice cream
and cake if you had really wanted it, or some pie,
any kind of pie, pie that was big, pie
that towered high.

Hey you,
I know bug wanted to be there for you
she told me every day when she found
out you had to go to the doctors.
I held her phone up so you could see her
scar. I heard your voice while
I drove her to see my niece and nephew
in the play they were in. They got to sing
some songs. My nephews name is Lyric,
like the words that make up a song,
my nieces name is Aurora, like the princess
from Sleeping Beauty. I figured you'd probably
know her, since you love princesses so much.

Hey you,
Katie-bug probably wishes she could fly,
would have flown down yesterday
to get to you. Would have put her body
there beside you. Would have tried on your
nail polish with you, and played with all
your stuffed animals. Heard you got a lot of them.
I hope its okay that I hugged her
when she couldn't get to you. But only until,
she does, because bug is coming,
heard you used to call her Miss Katie.

Hey you,
you don't know me, and I don't have magic
powers or anything but if I did
I would have made a unicorn to give Katie-bug
a lift to you. The kind you'd probably like,
maybe it could fly, and then you could keep it,
name it, I'd gift that to you. My name is Aaron,
but you can call me that guy,
sometimes Katie-bug calls me baby boy,
but I am not a baby, I don't wear diapers,
or drink out of bottles, but I like to read
books, and write stories. So,
I thought I'd write this story to you.

Hey you,
this story is about you. Cheering for your favorite team,
and then your team came to cheer on you,
silly probably that the wrestlers are cheerleaders too,
but they don't mind. You must be a hero to so many,
I think that's pretty neat. I heard about you,
after Katie-bug came for Christmas time and cooked
you breakfast. Must be special if she cooked for you,
that means your special to me too,
and so many others.

This is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment