Sunday, January 12, 2020

Walking on Sun Light - a poem

Radiantly you've come around again and again
weekend after weekend consoling saddest parts
of me, and you've developed a home inside
of my heart that is outfitted with latest comforts.
Walls lined with patterns of paper that illustrate
in words the connections we've created similar
to brain synapses that electrocute and connect
with one another and make brand new appreciations
that span globes and illuminate suns that spread
light that shines out of your eyes. It's that radiance
that drew me in, like magnetic pulses that reverberate
through underground tunnels that no one else can see.
These invisible places may be for me and only me

but translation is circulating through my bloodstream
and existing would not be possible without you
and truth be told it would not be impossible to step
by step through the coming days, but they would
not be lived all the way through day to day from the pits
of my stomach, tips of my toes, and courses set by your love
that I would not have to lead me on. I would be blinded
by my own pity, I suppose, but that is not the life i have
nor the life I am holding, the life I am holding
is bringing me through trenches of fear and worries

that is how life is leading me, with you, arm in arm
with me, keeping my eyes on a future that you are apart
of.  The time keeps ticking away, and I see the path
clear like Robert Frost, or was his more unsure if he had chosen,
chosen the right path, or the plan was that he had taken
a path to his end, no chance to change what came before
this is journey chosen by sure feet, feet that are sure because
they are accompanied by you. Your company keeps me conscious
of how much I am in need of you, of your want, and that,
that has made all of the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment