Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Anomaly - a poem

I never believed in fate.
I do not believe in fate,
I've witnessed enough rain droplets almost kiss
and then differentiate trajectory to send shock waves
that ripple outwards into the vast oceans of life.
But, then I saw it,
this dance of two droplets of differing speeds,
that graced each other as they twirled down,
and one with elegance matched its pitch to the other
unsure of itself as it careened to be a collection
of water as far as the eye could see. In steps improvised
to the rhythm of the winds the droplets synchronized
and somehow, beyond all possibility, met, and kissed,
and the trajectory was shared, and each kept its dimension,
but they were conjoined, so that even in slow motion,
one would see that they were altogether one but separate,
a tender embrace and when they pittered down in the way
rain drops patter, it wasn't so scary.
What else but fate could do that, but I don't believe in fate,
but I smile at the idea of it,
and I want to believe it, because I have witnessed something
impossible occur, an anomaly among the constants,
that proves that nature is not one-hundred percent
and it is,
beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment