Friday, October 18, 2019

INKtober 2019: 11 - 18 (Speed Round of Poetry)

11: SNOW
Did you ever think to wonder what it might be like to torch the local ice cream store,
how you'd make sure no one was occupying it, and you'd light it on fire, and all those machines
that twirl and make the ice cream smooth and wondrous would grow overheated,
and may have cause to explode.
Logically, that might not make sense, but if so, if it were such a thing as that, and if no one
could get hurt, just think of the snowfall of vanilla that would blanket the perimeter, all those
droplets of chocolate, and green mint chocolate chip layered trees, think how superman
might cascade across telephone lines and a screen of bright colors would stretch-drop down to tippy-touch the ground.
Logically, it would not be like that, but think on it, think about it, but don't think of the mess,
melted along the sidewalks, in the middle of summer.


12: DRAGON
It is fortunate that the sky is crowded,
with clouds and airplanes, and birds feathering
together. It is fortunate that rain might
escape the sky, and lighting might thrash from it, it is
fortunate that the sky is filled with bird shit, and not
raining fire down below. But we can say that here,
snug tightly in our sweet united lines,
but there are other places where our dragons
send fireballs hurling, and the sky is not so much
crowded with clouds, and planes and birds,
but with bomb shit, that whistles down, or silently
falls, and often we have been the ones to unleash it
and what a shame it is, that we have such mystical
power that we don't seem to use it for good,
for what good is fire, if it kills as it warms.

13: ASH
I wrote a letter to a friend of mine,
but burned it right after,
I thought, why should they read my
thoughts when they can't ever take the time
to hear them. So I burned the letter
and swept the ashes onto the floor,
and swept the floor with a broom,
and I never wrote another letter.

14: OVERGROWN
This heart is a tangle of emotions, all zigzagging as they
crazy-climb up the sides of the muscle that gives me life,
that pumps my life through me.
This is overgrowth, this affection, but it is not like weeds,
although some might be appalled by the general tangle
of my emotions, this is not like weeds, this is like ripe vines,
shaping to the walls of their life, and stretching out about them.
I opened up the soil of my heart and said to her,
plant the seeds here, as long as you nurture them,
you can grow them here, and she did, and they grew, and
they are not weeds, this overgrowth, overgrown around me,
is  like sunset with lover constantly asking to speak sweet nothings,
it is like vines, it is like that.

15: LEGEND
It took me a moment to realize you were full of shit,
took me awhile to realize I ate it up,
so who is worst, the shit giver, or the shit eater,
for who lays claim more to societies invasive eye,
the stupid or the carnivorous.
Maybe I'll write it in a book, nope, I won't,
But its a curious thought. For who is it, and the answer is
who cares what the outside world might think. And
besides I left that behind, its just another
legend of mine.

16: WILD
I might be tempted to remind you that I am happy to follow the trajectory
of greatest smiles, for that is the shortest distance between being wanted and being needed,
it is wild to think that airport terminals are not just places in movies for people
to meet, and feel sparks fly. I've felt the anticipation of reality seeping into dreamscapes
and it caused me to duck for cover around wall of elevator, when I spotted you coming near,
and it caused me to know intuitively that I needed to feel lip to lip electricity,
and that you understood this, and that you understand this, is wild,
I feel the warmth returned when my feet get cold, and I turn my furnaces on full blast
and you still, you still return my fuel.

17: ORNAMENT
The ugliest christmas ornament,
is by far a cheetoh atop the christmas tree,
is by far a repugnant shit sack in oval office,
the ugliest christmas ornament has been
the one we've had going on 3 years now,
its time to pack it away, and put it out
with the trash where it belongs.

18: MISFIT
You ended your life,
this is a statement of fact,
maybe a statement of purpose,
maybe just a statement,
you ended your life.
You chose the when, the how,
maybe you chose the why,
but that implies the why was one thing,
the why was one thing, that is not a true
statement, we don't wake up,
and find out that the one thing has happened,
and decide to make our appointment with death,
its a whole shitlist of things,
you ended your life,
you ended your own life,
and to know that you had your reasons,
you had your whys, you had something
that was latched into your soul,
maybe its not there no more,
but neither are you, and that's something
you might have wanted, or maybe you thought
you wanted, but this has happened,
this is a statement of fact,
you ended your life.

I wish I'd known you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment