Wednesday, October 9, 2019

InkTober #9: SWING

Swing

to and fro motions are what make life a ride, joy or otherwise,
sometimes down right scary because you don't know how you're going
to rise above the top bar, and if you can get the courage built through
the pumping of your feet to send you careening through the air and landing
with the grace of a gymnast. More than likely when i hit the ground I'll twist
my ankle and fumble to the ground, the way a quarterback lunges and grasps
at air and kicks his feet forward trying to recover what he lost, but the audience
won't be standing on edge for me, there will be no audience, and yet, for some
reason as I'd leave the swing I'd imagine flashbulbs of camera, and in those
moments through space to ground it will seem that my most embarrassing
moments has been captured by the the crowd, the crowd being the non-interested
children at recess, the crowd being god, the crowd being me, a party of one
playing on a swing set, hoping i remember how to dismount. this is enough,
as i go to and fro and away in a throw to the earth, maybe that's okay,
but i will always be my harshest critic, and the reviews will be scathing and the point
boards will rise up in the non-judges hands, one, one, and two, but the two will
be for sympathy, and the only reason their ones is because zero was not allowed, nor
negative numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment